Recent News, Awards and Achievements
to be the PGA's 2010 official golf artist for the HP Byron Nelson
Championship. Tom created a beautiful rendition of the TPC Las Colinas
Course's 17th hole which was signed by all the professional golfers in
the tournament. The painting raised over $12,000 for charity.
- Interviewd by American Artist Magazine, one of the premiere art publications in the country, for a feature article on Golf Art in America.
- Interviewd by Micheal Callahan for an article in Golf Digest Index which covered the popularity of golf art.
- Commissioned by Nascar Racing phenom James Buescher for an original painting and series of prints commemorating his first victory
- Begins a project with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to create an original painting and series of prints to commemorate the speedway's 100 year anniversary
- Commissioned by Washington Golf and Country Club for a series of 3 paintings to celebrate the course's new clubhouse. WGCC is a Donald Ross designed course and the 5th oldest course in the country. It has been the home course of 5 sitting United States presidents.
- Commissioned for a series of three portraits for Youtube founders Steve Chen and Chad Hurley.
- Interviewed by author Vincent Strader for his upcoming book "27 Tips to Being a Successful Artist"
- Commissioned by NFL Hall of Fame player Randy White for a series of three paintings commemorating his playing days with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Commissioned by Raymond Floyd for a painting of Pebble Beach that was given as a wedding gift to a family member.
- Legendary singer/songwriter Micheal Martin Murphy becomes a collector of Tom's work with the purchase of his print "The Green Frog Cafe"